Samstag, 2. September 2023

Hallogallo



Many of of the usual visitors of this little part of the internet know that I have a huge affection to Andy Bell and his output during the last years. I always thought nothing of his releases can surprise me but with the one he released during the week he made me smile. He went back to one of his and many others artists influences. He recorded a song by Neu! first released back centuries ago. Hallogallo is one of the most influential songs by German electronic pioneers and it works very well in this new outfit. Based on a remarkable theme Bell uses riffs and wha-wha sounds to transport krautrock into the 20s. Never thought that this could happen but it seems that this song is one of those that should appear on a years end list. Just beautiful.

3 Kommentare:

John Medd hat gesagt…

Love it:)

JM

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Heard this yesterday too, lovely version

Khayem hat gesagt…

I discovered an email about this track too late to add it my Bandcamp Friday shopping list this time, but it's going straight in next month. A great version.