Dienstag, 22. August 2023

The Healer


 

I have to admit that I am not a fan of blues music. Of course I know the heroes of long time gone by but I saw a several blues musicians live during the last decades but none made me feel to see them once again. Don't know why but maybe because the music was too calculable and the lyrics are too similar to others. But back in 1989 John Lee Hooker returned at the age of at the age of 73 with The Healer and he got rightly much critical acclaim. Not only with his collaborations with Carlos Santana, who was there a shadow of himself but his collaborations with Bonnie Raitt and Gerorge Thorogood were fantastic and still worth to be played after all these years. If you want to listen to blues music try this album and you'll enjoy.





Keine Kommentare: