Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2021

2021 - Long 1/2

 


The year is almost over and it is time to have a look back to the releases from 2021. I have to say that there were many albums released that are worth to be mentioned in a retrospective. Not all albums that impressed me or made fun got it on the year and list. What doesn't mean that they are no good at all but I decided to list 21 albums from this year without scoring in the order. 

Dry Cleaning - New Long Leg


Sault - Nine


Ben Watt - Storm Shelter

The Orb - Abolition of the Royal Familia (Guillotine mixes)

International Music - Ententraum

Mogwai - As The Love Continues

Nashville Ambient Ensemble - Cerulean

Curtis Harding - If Words Were Flowers

Dot Allison - Heart Shaped Scars

Parquet Courts - Sympathy For Life

Alan Vega - After Dark










1 Kommentar:

Khayem hat gesagt…

Excellent choices there, Walter. I feel like I've bought more music in 2021 than the previous few years and yet there are still so many great albums this year that I've heard but not yet got: Dot Allison, Dry Cleaning, Saint Etienne, Parquet Courts. Ben Watt's record completely passed me by - what a great version of That's The Way Love Is!

The Orb remix album is a real delight and SAULT is just something else altogether. Looking forward to the rest of your list.