Freitag, 22. Oktober 2021

A Good Year For The Roses

 


It was 40 years ago when a new wave hero released a record that was far away I and probably everyone expected. Elvis Costello was always an artist that had antennas for different kind of popular music for example when he produced folk-punks like The Pogues. But with his fifth album he surprised me a lot because he turned into country music. I bought this record because I thought you can't go wrong without a new album by him. But listening to this album I was irritated a lot because I didn't expected that this sound wasn't close to me at these times. For a long time Almost Blue was a part of my collection but was played at my place very seldom. During the last decades this album became a close friend of mine because the older I got the more I could see the beauty in this songs. And this album became one of those I will never miss - not only because of Elvis' authentic versions of country classics.

Elvis Costello - A Good Year For The Roses

2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

You won't be surprised to hear that I think this is a great album Walter!

Rol hat gesagt…

Me too!