Freitag, 15. März 2019

The King

Bildergebnis für the king gravelands

Back in 1998 Irish born singer James Brown appeared on the scene as The King. A former postman blessed with a voice that was similar to Elvis Presley released his first album Graveland. It was the sound of this summer where a lot of people could agree to his songs. It was a simple idea recording songs of passed by musicians in an Elvis style but he made it great. I still remember seeing him live in a smaller club close to my town in the times when bands showed up around my place. I got tickets for me and me wife to see him live knowing that it wasn't the kind of music she prefered but we all had a lot of fun. The motto was to go to Burger King just around the corner of the venue to get a crown and join the audience with it on your head. We all had an evening with well known songs from the past decades in a very new/old style.

Sorry, but I have problems to upload the files - so please listen to the song on youtube.



1 Kommentar:

drew hat gesagt…

I loved the King stuff, an Irish work colleague introduced me to him when I moved into the Edinburgh office in 2002. Good to be reminded of this.