Donnerstag, 16. August 2018

Sweet Dreams

Bildergebnis für split enz

During the mid 70's until the early 80's Split Enz the New Zealand rock band formed by Tim Finn were successful in their native country and Australia. I remember the times when I was bored about most of popular music in the mid 70's and was looking for something new. My local record dealer introduced me to Split Enz and Second Thoughts. It was recorded in London an produced by Roxy Music's Phil Manzanera. It was handmade and well arranged music and totally different to many other artists in this decade. Before punk appeared they were one of those few bands that made the difference and I think many bands were inspired by their sound. XTC and Godley & Creme have many influences by Split Enz. And their outfit/performance like in this video were far ahead of their times.


Keine Kommentare: