Freitag, 20. Juli 2018

Searching For The Perfect Riff

Bildergebnis für guitar riffs

Two weeks ago I posted something about songs that are dominated by riffs and asked for some suggestions. I got some response by regular visitors on this little place in the internet and I think it could be something about a new small series. Here are the suggestions by some followers that made some contributions in the comment section:

FurryBootCityBoy named a very old song by Neil Young from his 1969 solo-record Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere. It is a track he re-recorded it several times during his long lasting career and I've to admit that this riff is a killer. I knew this from my very younger days and can still listen with a lot of you to it.

Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl

CC a great mate I met last year at our gathering last year in Glasgow named Thin Lizzy for this title and I have to say that it showed his great taste. A song from Lizzy's best years and unforgettable for lads like us which were young when they released their best albums when we had our high-times.

Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town

The Swede threw a single by The Clash in the round. And I have to agree that this is one of the songs that was on my list. A short song that have everything to be a classic and always remarkable song. Great stuff at all.

The Clash - Complete Control

If there any suggestions - they are always welcome.
More soon

2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Three top tunes Walter.
You might be interested in this
http://www.halfhearteddude.com/2018/07/any-major-guitar-vol-2/

Walter hat gesagt…

I saw this as well CC and Impressed me much and this will be one of the reasons to continue this little series.

Have a great weekend.