Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2015

This Year's List 4/15


La Luz is a Seattle-based band that brought us back surf sound like Link Wray and The Ventures made famous on their first regular LP Weirdo Shrine. Added with ingredients by The Ronettes and The Chrystals. Nothing really new but I love this record and played it during the last summer. Brian told me that La Luz is big at his place and well known their live appearance. Just music that makes you a good mood and could be played almost any time. Sadly missed their concert in autumn. Therefore their music still makes fun.

La Luz - Sleep Till They Die
La Luz - Don't Wanna Be Anywhere
La Luz - I Wanna Be Alone (With You)
La Luz - Black Hole, Weirdo Shrine

This is a rare video from a song from their first EP:


2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

Another one I don't know well, though I believe that I have at least heard some La Luz music this year, either here or over a Brian's place. A really nice retro sound and great songs.

Brian hat gesagt…

Hey Walter. If you get a chance, La Luz did a one-off 7" for Suicide Squeeze Records called Brainwashed that came out before the first album that I think you'll really like. It's my favorite song by them, actually, and the one that got me hooked. They made a video for it that I'm sure is on youtube.