Montag, 14. September 2015

Get Into It



The first song this week I would like to feature is more than retro and it comes from the The Strypes, an Irish band which plays in the tradition of pure Rock 'n' Roll and blues. Deeply infected by all the 60s blues rock bands and the early Dr. Feelgood and pure pub rock. Not much to say but dirty sweaty and sexy Rock 'n' Roll. Not the music for every time but right know it hits my taste. And when did I heard a harp in song (it must be many years ago).

Have a good week.


2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

They're not necessarily my thing, but I have a lot of admiration for The Strypes. I wrote about them a couple of years ago when they were EXTREMELY young (now they're merely VERY young!) and was pleased to note that their influences skipped back a couple of generations, presumably via the R&B in their Grandparents record collections, and that they clearly knew their stuff. The band have received a bit of flack from certain quarters of the press, unfairly I think.

C hat gesagt…

Nice choice Walter!
I too have a lot of admiration for them, and particularly after seeing the BBC Four documentary about them, 'Best Thing Since Cavan' which allowed their personalities and their backgrounds to shine through any hype. A friend went to see them in his local town not long ago, playing a really small venue and charging very little for the tickets - it strikes me that they're intent on "keeping it real"!