Samstag, 22. August 2015

Voodoo Ray


Swiss Adam did a little series inspired by the fantastic Ode to Anthony H. Wilson and mentioned in his yesterday's post Voodoo Ray by A Guy Called Gerard and the compilation North - The Sound of Dance Underground. I've to admit that this was my first record in this style. I came to this record when I first heard Voodoo Ray on another indie compilation I got from a friend to my 30th birthday. I was fascinated by this strange sound that was so different to other things I used to listen. This song and the compilation was my door-opener (British-)house music. A song for eternity.


2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

I'm no connoisseur of dance music, but every now and then an almost genre defining tune comes along. This is one such tune. It still sounds as odd and unique as the first time I heard it.

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Great great great record.