Mittwoch, 19. August 2015

Back In The Past


Dirk posted some Peel tapes a few days ago. As I listened to some other music the recent days he took me back to the days long gone by. I think it's time to feature a few bands from this era in the forthcoming weeks that impressed me much at these days or I still like to listen to right now.

Let's start with The Piranhas, a Brighton based punk/new wave band formed in 1977 with heavy influences from Ska, 2-Tone, Mod and reggae. It was the the sound a lot of people at my place could agree with. Listening to their songs makes me often smile and feel happy.

Enjoy.




And here's their appearance at the Peel session back in 1979


1 Kommentar:

The Swede hat gesagt…

A great little band. I saw them supporting The Jam and featured one of their later tunes in my 55 From 55 series.