Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2015

Drinking In My Sunday Dress


I'm not a huge fan of country music but I always loved good voices and great songs in this genre. Although I'm not a great expert in this genre there some artists and songs that are very close to me. One of them is Maria McKee. I noticed her back in the early 80s when she came around with her band Lone Justice and gave us that pure and raw cow-punk sound. Since then I followed her career and was surprised many times about her ability to write great songs. So she wrote 'A good heart', a smash hit by Feargal Sharkey, and 'Show me heaven' that was a hit from the movie 'Days of Thunder'. I love her for the ballads she wrote and sung but today I want to introduce you a song that's got more power in it. It's an uptempo song in which she tells us about the time she has to spent until her love comes around. NME has written once about her: Their voice can take up it with the breakable passion of Patsy Cline, the glowing soul of Aretha Franklin and powerful blues of Janis Joplin, No more words to add.

Maria McKee - Drinking In My Sunday Dress

2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

A fantastically over the top nutty song!

Walter hat gesagt…

I think this way CC.