Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2014

Viva la Viv



I just finishd reading 'Clothes, clothes, clothes, music, music, music, boys, boys, boys' by Viv Albertine and enjoyed it very much. It brought back memories to a time long gone by but still worth to remember because it was one of the best ones in our life. But it was not only the fact that I was reminded to these times I like to book becaus her direct way to articulate and telling the stories of her life from her very own side.Especially the way se discribes her relationship to -the Clash's Joe Strummer and Mick Jones.  I was always a huge fan of The Slits and I bought her first record without ever heared any note of it (I think you'll know the reason). After The Slits disbanded she was still present on records by New Age Steppers and Flying Lizards. By the way: two weeks ago she turned into 60 and I don't know many women that look still quite cute.



And Mick Jones' answer to Typical Girls


1 Kommentar:

Swiss Adam hat gesagt…

Good post Walter. Cracking book, best rock n roll book this year. She does look good too