Freitag, 25. Oktober 2024

A Friend's Recommendation

 


A few days ago I visited a long-time friend who plays bass in a local band in his rehearsal room. On the whole, I can't do much with their music, which is a mixture of speed-metal, noise rock and post punk, but I like their sound and enthusiasm live. 

A few years ago, I asked him which album from this genre he could recommend to me so that I could immerse myself more deeply in this type of music. He then recommended Dances Curses by Hey Colossus.  

Hey Colossus is an English rock band and active since more than 20 years. They are known for noise rock, to which they add elements of krautrock, psychedelic rock and post-punk. On Dances Curses they often play with three guitars, creating a solid foundation for their musical experiments. As a whole, the double album is bulky and not light fare. But individual tracks stand out, such as Donkey Jaw, on which they move along the post-punk road, or on The Mirror, to which Mark Lanegan breathes new life into the blues with his spoken words.

Hey Colossus - The Mirror

Hey Colossus - Tied In A Firing Line

Hey Colossus - Donkey Jaw

Keine Kommentare: