Montag, 26. September 2022

Monday's Long Song

 


A few days ago I watched again The Beach, the movie by Danny Boyle from 2000 with Leonardo DiCaprio as a main actor. It is far away from my favorite movie but I still like the landscape because I traveled through Thailand several times during these days and I remember Phi Phi island as a peaceful and great place. In all his movies Boyle had a fantastic taste for the soundtracks. Most of them showing new bands and they got a greater audience. So it was no wonder that Underworld appeared on the soundtrack with 8 Ball that wasn't released on any of their albums before. A trippy beat, reduced guitars and the voices made this song outstanding and worth to be featured in this series.

Underworld - 8 Ball

2 Kommentare:

Khayem hat gesagt…

Thanks, Walter. The film looks beautiful but like you it's not one I go back to very often. The soundtrack on the other hand is another matter and the Underworld track is typically wonderful. Thanks for the reminder.

JC hat gesagt…

What a strange coincidence. I've literally, just 15 minutes ago, finished making up the next mixtape for TVV, and I've included a song from the soundtrack to this film!!! Tune in next Monday for the big reveal.........