Montag, 27. Juli 2020

Monday's Long Song

Kurt "Supermax" Hauenstein gestorben

Kurt Hauenstein was an Austrian musician who died nine years ago. As a well known session musician he formed Supermax as a studio and live project. His song Love Machine reached a high position in the charts in 1977. I have to admit that I wasn't firm with this kind of music at these times but I really liked this song because of the bass and its groove. A real highlight in these days and sadly forgotten. At the beginning of the 80's I saw them live and was astonished that I they played pure rock music with a massive touch of reggae. He was also one of the first first artist who refused to play in South Africa and one of the less artists that was invited to play live on Reggae Sunsplash in Montego Bay.

Supermax - Love Machine (Ultra Traxx Extended Remix)

Keine Kommentare: