Freitag, 27. September 2019

To Be Beautiful

Bildergebnis für madder rose

Back from my vacation in the sun, recreated and ready for the job in my new office today and filling this little part of the internet with my personal views and music. It was a great time spending the last weeks with some good friends in a sunny place even if we had to stand a few days under heavy raining. The recent days I found the time to check out some old and some new music as well and I was surprised that a band I almost have forgotten released a new album. Madder Rose released their new album To Be Beautiful after a hiatus of 20 years. Some of you might remember when they released their first album in 1993 that sounded a bit like a record that Throwing Muses always tried to make and I have to admit that it was a record that was far over the edge of these days. Now they reduced their speed for a more introspective and melancholic mood. The title track features Mary Larson's great vocals, Billy Coté's Velvet inspired guitar added with some kind of 60's ba-ba backing vocals and I can't get this song out of my head since I heard it the first time. I Don't Know How To Love You could be a highlight on many record by Lee Hazlewood or by Prefab Sprout. Big names for sure but I simply like these songs.

 


Here's a song from their first recording to hear the difference since then:

Beautiful John

1 Kommentar:

Dirk hat gesagt…

Welcome back, mate … hope you had a brilliant time!