Montag, 21. Januar 2019

Monday's Long Song

Bildergebnis für sugarhill gang

It is 40 years ago when I first got contact to new black music. Sugarhill Gang and rap was new to me and many friends of mine in these days. Most of had had problems with new fantastic music swapping over from Great Britain and no ears for Rapper's Delight. For me it was a little miracle that in NYC is growing something new and spectacular. Looking back in history, this song may opened many ears for following artists like Grandmaster Flash and the Beastie Boys as well. A classic tune, worth be featured at this place as well.

Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight

2 Kommentare:

drew hat gesagt…

I wondered who would post this. It is a great record

The Swede hat gesagt…

I clearly remember hearing this for the first time. I'd never heard anything remotely like it. A genre defining classic.