Montag, 12. März 2018

New MusicFor A New Week

Bildergebnis für lucy dacus

After listening a longer time to music from the hard drive of my mobile phone I checked out some new music that was released during the last weeks. There were many outputs of albums and it is impossible to listen to them all. So I only checked out records by artists I know. There were less albums that made me want to listen more than one or two songs. Finally Lucy Dacus' new album Historian is worth to be recommended (David Byrne's new one is the other). Her first album from 2016 No Burden was not the one to be liked but enough to please. Pure indie-sound according to Courtney Barnett and Waxahatchee. She's another high talented indie singer-songwriter from USA and their songs often opens with a lone, clean guitar line and morph into a wall of distortion and cymbals. Most of the lyrics are very intimate and born on love and frustration.


Keine Kommentare: