Montag, 16. Oktober 2017

Forgotten Gems

Bildergebnis für the orchids band

It is almost 30 years ago when The Orchids, another Glasgow band released their first single. Therefore to celebrate this anniversary Cherry Red released a retrospective of their singles, lp-cuts and rarities. When I got the news I remembered that there is a their first 10-inch in my collection. Lyceum was released in the late 80's and several years too late to become famous. It was filled with great and timeless songs. I have to admit that it took this retrospective to take me back to The Orchids and their songs. A lot of similar bands were featured and praised but they got  forgotten. I would like to give them another chance at this place that more people could get aware of their greatness.

The Orchids - Apologies
The Orchids - Obsession #1
The Orchids - Another Saturday Night
The Orchids - It's Only Obvious (Acoustic Version)
The Orchids - Welcome To My Curious Heart (Acoustic Version with Pauline Hinds)

Keine Kommentare: